FROM THE BLOG
Not Digital Marketing – Marketing in a Digital World
Posted by Prospera Financial on December 2, 2020
We are still firm believers that there are some things that can never be replaced- a face to face meal, a handwritten note, or a thoughtful gift. With that said, all of these things can be supplemented – and should be supplemented with our digital arsenal.
Below are a few quick-hit ways to get your brand and valued content known and into the hands of clients and prospects alike.
- Your website is the face of your practice. In today’s digital-first world, it plays an increasingly important role in the client engagement process… just make sure that your website focuses more on what a client is looking to find on your website, and less on what you want to put on your website.
- Use social media as a means to an end. Anything that is posted to your website should be posted here and linked back to your website. Think primarily Facebook and LinkedIn, but some advisors have seen traction with Twitter as well. In a time when many clients are avoiding the “media” and all of the drama, many clients are going to Twitter for quick hit news…. we expect Twitter to really gain traction with advisors and clients in 2021.
- Video – In 2021, it is estimated that videos will comprise the majority of consumer internet traffic. This is a double-edged sword. On one hand, there is a demand for video content; on the other hand, there is a lot of it out there, so it’s easy to get lost in the crowd. Word of advice: keep it short and simple. Bite-sized, if you will. Then post on every medium available to you- website, blog, social media, direct emails.
- Virtual events – Host a virtual event for clients, prospects, or both. Virtual events are relatively inexpensive and more accepted than ever post-2020.
- SEO/SEM (for the newbies, that stands for search engine optimization/marketing) – This plays back into the website in large part. Work with a google analytics account manager or knowledgeable web designer on how to optimize your website so that you are engaging with prospective clients without having to “push” to them. Taking advantage of google ads are a good way to be agile and play with what keywords or simple sentences attract potential clients to your website. And you can set the cost!
- Blogs – Regularly updating the content on your website is a great way to boost your SEO organically. And a great way to make sure your content is fresh is by scheduling consistently posted blogs to your website. Hint… we do it every other Wednesday. It’s a great way to stay top of mind with your current clients and prospective clients. Just put aside some time each month to crank out some blogs. They don’t have to be full on research papers, and in fact, the more concise the better. Think of these as a way to talk to your clients and let them know you’re still out there for them.
- ABM (account based marketing) – Almost more important than marketing to prospects is marketing internally. By focusing on ABM, you stay top of mind to current clients and that ultimately helps with retention. It’s not one size fits all. Know your client and take the time to personalize your message on an account/client level.
There’s certainly more that we can elaborate upon when it comes to marketing as a financial advisor. But we hope this series of blogs can help get you thinking about your goals for the new year when it comes to refining your brand, implementing it, and then taking the leap to develop some real marketing strategies and then following through. It might seem scary at first, but the beauty of marketing is how flexible you can be with it. If a campaign isn’t getting the results you expected, make some tweaks and try again. You’ll get there – you just have to start!
Until next time,
Nicole Marsh & Katie Wengler
Your Prospera Marketing Team