FROM THE BLOG
Why so serious?
Posted by Prospera Financial on August 26, 2020
We are living amid a pandemic—there is no doubt times are tough. The internet is overrun with self-help blogs, wellness videos, and advice on working from home. As I have perused these various outlets, I have found some bizarre advice. From investing in some personal healing crystals, to “earthing,” to replacing practically everything in my diet with cauliflower, I have received (and learned the meaning of, unfortunately) some strange guidance for staying both physically and mentally healthy in these tough times. I have learned that most of the advice I’ve heard is more trouble than it’s worth, so I’ve decided it’s time to KISS, or “Keep It Simple Stupid,” as my fifth-grade teacher taught me.
What is better than a good laugh? Nothing, except a good laugh at yourself! I have compiled a list of the five best jokes the internet has to offer about financial advisors and money, and I hope they help to bring a smile to your face and to forget about the world, even if just for a moment.
- I’m not normally one to brag about my financial skills, but my credit card company calls me almost everyday to inform me my balance is outstanding!
- I started showing more interest in one of my investments… It appreciated it.
- The market is weird. Every time one person sells, another one buys, and they both think they’re right.
- “Why aren’t you signed up for your company’s 401k?” “I’d never be able to run that far.”
- What do you get when you put THE money you’ve earned and the IRS together? THEIRS!
“Always find a reason to laugh. It may not add years to your life, but it will surely add life to your years.”
Thank you so much for reading.